If you wrote a guide to Tweeting, a Twitter 101 post, what would you put in it?
Today I asked my Twitter friends that very question. Here’s what they had to say:
- NickGilham – don’t say anything on Twitter that you wouldn’t say to your mother or your boss.
- stephintoronto – look up the “top ppl to follow on Twitter lists” from reputable publications that you read ex. @Time, @nytimes
- techguerilla – carefully hide the fact that you are really an asshole, it works for me
- CourtneyChesley – I’d also say to relax + have fun. Not everyone needs to be a social media “expert”
- gloriabell – connect & communicate
- rockstarima – Follow the experts. Watch and learn how it’s done.
- suzemuse – listen. Share. Laugh.
- GlendaWH – Participate in the community, in the conversation. Make it about other people, not about yourself.
- CourtneyChesley – Just say no to auto DM’s.
- JWFoss – Not asking to be retweeted.
- justjanxy – Don’t beg 4 followers.
- GlendaWH – To jump in and try it! Ignore all the “rules” of others. Just try it.
- tad – Participate in conversations. Engage.
- lizscherer – Dive in and don’t forget to breathe.
I wonder what your Twitter friends and you would give as Twitter 101 tips for newbies.