Christmas shopping got you down? Trying to find something different to buy? Want something you don’t have to visit a mall for. This is your blog post then!
Below are some local St. Louis gift ideas you might not have considered. I’m only recommending things I feel good about putting my name behind in case you’re wondering and none of these places is sponsoring my gift recommendations.
1) Robust Wine Bar gift card – Great staff with excellent menu and wine choices. Also has a gift shop. They frequently play host to wine tastings and parties. Located in Webster Groves.
2) Moonrise Hotel in Delmar – gift a night’s stay. Wonderful location right at the end of the Delmar Loop. Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is also unique in styling, modern in construction, and sports a roof top bar.
3) Nadoz Cafe gift cards – Locally owned and operated, this restaurant not only has a great menu and fun staff, the owners give back to the community as well, through programs and donations. Located on The Boulevard near Galleria Mall.
4) Dierberg’s Cooking Class – give the gift of cooking and fun rolled into one. Dierberg’s cooking classes are offered for all ages. Classes are at a St. Charles county and a St. Louis county locations. My wife and I have done this a couple of times.
5) Paste Arts and Crafts – handmade gifts and craft supplies. Locally owned and operated it might just become your favorite place to buy unique gifts. Check the Paste Craft website for location and hours.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. These are all locally owned and operated businesses, employing your neighbors, and keeping money in St. Louis.
If you have your own suggestions, leave them below or tweet them to me @tojosan.